Tue, Feb 20|
6 Month Gender Dysphoria Consult Group
Time & Location
Feb 20, 2024, 11:15 AM – 12:45 PM
Rochester, 2300 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14610, USA
About the event
We know that mental health professionals benefit from clinical consultation, and that a group format of skilled clinicians to learn with and from, can support ongoing professional development. Specifically, this consultation group will offer the opportunity to develop as a gender affirming care provider in the following ways (including, but not limited to):
● Assessment - Support with assessing physical/social gender dysphoria and euphoria.
● Intervention - Explore integrating WPATH standards of gender affirming care into therapy and matching interventions to clients’ needs.
● Ethical Issues - Process ethical issues that accompany gender affirming care.
● Therapist Role - Explore the role of the therapist in embodying inclusivity.
● Case Presentation - Review of current cases to get group feedback and support, follow cases over time to learn together.
● Awareness of Self - Space to explore the clinicians’ gender training and how therapists’ identities impact the therapeutic process.
● Intersecting identities - Exploring ways that race, sex, disability, neurodiversity, income, etc impact clients experience of gender. Activities and practices for identifying and safety planning around community safety, IPV, self-harm and suicidal ideation indicators in gender diverse populations and relationships.
This group will initially meet on the third Tuesday of the month at 11:15am-12:45pm in person at 2300 East Avenue, 3rd floor conference room. Our first group session will be February 20, 2024.
- February 20th
- March 19th
- April 16th
- May 21st
- June 18th
- July 16th
What To Expect
Commitment - This consultation group will be closed, so your commitment is from January - June 2024. It is our discretion if someone will be added after January. .
Group Size - The group will be no more than eight members.
Preparation - Case presentations will require some preparation. We will offer a monthly handout with relevant literature and resources for you to reference between meetings that may support your practice between sessions.
Communication - We will have an email list to communicate about the group as well as a facebook group. We will be available between groups should you need to consult further.
Facilitation - Gem and Asha will lead and facilitate this group to ensure a productive and meaningful experience.
This consultation is an investment in your professional development and professional practice. The fee is $55/monthly, and holds your spot in the group even if you have to miss a session. Individual consultation sessions are also available with either Gem or Asha for a separate fee. **These consultation fees can be claimed as a professional development expense for your business.